920-885-5549 | 200 Front Street, Suite 2E, Beaver Dam, WI 53916

Issues After Divorce

Practice Areas

Meet Our Lawyers

Serving Beaver Dam, Oshkosh, West Bend & Wisconsin

At Derr & Villarreal, our family law attorneys bring more than 50 years of combined experience to your case. We are proven trial lawyers who are also family law mediators. Whenever possible, we are dedicated to helping our clients retain the power to make decisions and to keep the peace by going through the mediation process. We have found that this is the healthy, economical way to solve your family law and divorce issues. We are ready with the personal attention and service to help you move forward to a positive future.

Learn More

Oshkosh Post-Divorce Lawyers

Legal Help for Resolving Issues After Divorce

After a divorce, there can be a disagreement regarding the children’s placement or their financial support. The court will apply different standards in determining a request to change placement based upon how long it has been since the divorce. If a custodial parent decides to relocate more than 150 miles away or out of state, they must have the consent of the former spouse or obtain a court order to move with the children. Even those without children might need to change alimony or maintenance payments. Whether in litigation or mediation, Derr & Villarreal, LLC Attorneys & Mediators take a thorough and careful approach to requests to change a divorce agreement.

Learn more about how we can help you with post-divorce modifications by contacting our offices.

Changes Involving Alimony

Some couples at divorce establish non-modifiable alimony or maintenance but for those who do not establish non-modifiable maintenance, a change in financial circumstances is necessary to modify alimony:

  • A change of employer
  • Termination
  • Reduced salary
  • Retirement

Changes Involving Child Custody & Support

Changes to child support can be based on a number of factors including a change in the child’s age or specific medical or educational needs. Changes can also be based on the circumstances surrounding the parent such as loss of a job or other significant changes in the financial situation.

Experienced Legal Representation for Issues After Divorce

We can answer your question of whether you can move with your children either out of state or more than 150 miles from your residence. We can help you provide the correct legal notice and follow the statutory procedure which may require mediation through the county. If you are unable to agree, the court will decide if you can move with your children. At the hearing, The West Bend family law attorneys at Derr & Villarreal, LLC Attorneys & Mediators will help you produce evidence which directly relates to the specific factors listed in the Wisconsin’s removal statute.

For any issues after divorce contact Derr & Villarreal, LLC Attorneys & Mediators by calling us in Beaver Dam at 920-885-5549, in West Bend at (262) 988-4544, and in Oshkosh at (920) 523-1007.

Contact Our Beaver Dam Mediation Lawyers

If you live in Wisconsin and need help with your divorce or other family law matters, call 920-885-5549 or email our team below.